Saturday, April 2, 2011

Chad Rogers

This is my Uncle Chad who passed away on December 25th 2009. This was the last picture taken of him the day before his passing..December 24th.

Uncle Chad was a great man. Though I didn't see him often, when I did I enjoyed his company :). He was a big time biker lol. He had a Harley Davidson that he treated like a child. He had hair down to his waist and his beard almost made it that far lol. He would always have me, my sister, or one of my cousins braid it for him. He loved his long hair...mine was just as long. And I remember once when I was little I had gum or something stuck in my hair and my mom said that we were gonna have to cut it out! He didn't want that for he was a fan of long hair lol. So he sat there for what seemed like forever until he got it out! lol man I loved him :)



December 24th, 2009
  It felt like any other Christmas Eve. I remember leaving work and rushing home to go to church with my family. Then after we went to my grandparent to spend the night..It was the firts Christmas we weren't home...and I think God wanted it that way.
Christmas has always excited me...so of course that night I couldn't sleep even though I was 17! haha I was way excited!


December 25th, 2009
Christmas morning we woke up at 4:30. We opened our gifts and messed around with our new stuff. I went back to sleep while waiting for my sister and her husband to make their arrival.
My dad comes in and wakes me up to tell me that Uncle Chad had past away that morning. At first I was in shock and couldn't believe what I was hearing. I opened the bedroom door after my dad had left the room , to find my grandma sobbing in my mothers arms down the hall. It was then I knew it was real.

We were told the he passed from a mixture of meds and alcohol. But I know he would never have done it on purpose...He loved life.
The night before, he had spent the night at his girlfriends house. She woke up in the middle of the night and found him on the floor not breathing. She called an ambulance but it was too late...he was gone.

When we called my uncle to tell him about it...he was so sick. They were really close..even thought he loved all the way in Dallas.
Sometimes I'm just afraid to mention his name around any of my family members cause of the pain on that day.

December 26, 2009
The day after his death me, my parents, my brother, my sister, my grandpa, and my uncle went to his trailor to gather some things. The was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Going through all of his things and remebering was really hard.

December 31,2009
The day of the funeral was tough..
When I saw him...at that point thats when I knew I would never see him again.
A friend of his spoke at the funeral. He said that a while back my Uncle Chad had given his life to the Lord..which was news to all of us. We were filled with relief. Even though he didn't lead a Christian life, He had accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior, and if he really meant it, thats all that matters.


He is a great man, and greatly missed. He crosses my mind daily, and sometimes I wonder what it would be like if he were still here. We love you Uncle Chad and we will never forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment